Thursday, March 13, 2014

Beginnings and Endings


I am so blessed to be a Doula, to witness a new soul coming into the world beginning its journey as a little human being. Life is all about beginnings and endings, sometimes by choice, sometimes things happen, but overall everything is really about growth, acceptance, and moving forward.  This picture was of me and a friend attending a gala for the 32 year celebration of our synagogue and children's school.  My parents don't have Facebook, so I decided to show them just me, it is interesting to see myself here.  I definitely look like a put together, mature, glowing member of society :) Today people post pictures on Facebook of their past, they call it Throwback Thursday.  The pictures from my past are so diverse in the different adventures of my life, and this picture of now is spot on.  Yes I am working on getting healthier, more fit, and better than before baby body, but I am proud that I feel good, strong, and full of energy.  I put my false eyelashes on for this picture and lipstick, nothing else, no shadow, no powder, thanks mom for the great skin genes!




Yesterday there was sad news from our community, a young mom suddenly passed away, you can read about it at this link, http://www.chabad.org/news/article_cdo/aid/2522173/jewish/Rashi-Minkowicz-Mother-of-Eight-Role-Model-for-Many-Passes-Suddenly-at-37.htm.  I went to an amazing lecture this morning and the Rabbi was telling us that she was named after her grandmother that also passed away at 37.  Overall was healthy, felt tired, a little under the weather and just didn't wake up.  In the Jewish community there is a mourning process called Shiva, and I learned today that visitors are welcome but on the first three days the law is to be present but not to speak first, it is explained here, "Traditionally, no greetings are exchanged and visitors wait for the mourners to initiate conversation, or remain silent if the mourners do not do so, out of respect for their bereavement. Once engaged in conversation by the mourners, it is appropriate for visitors to talk about the deceased, sharing stories of his or her life." You can read all about it at this link, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva_(Judaism) .

Beginnings and endings are something we deal with on a daily basis, from the amazing birth of a baby, to a death of a loved one, and everything in between, a new job, home, marriage, and other life events.  We stay strong through faith, community, and family.

Coach Yulia

No comments:

Post a Comment