Thursday, March 20, 2014

Breathe through the tickle

  1. This morning I noticed that my kids ate every last ounce of their pasta that they had for lunch yesterday, and it made me think of the word below,

de·vour
diˈvou(ə)r/
verb
  1. 1.
    eat (food or prey) hungrily or quickly.
    "he devoured half of his burger in one bite"
    synonyms:eat hungrily, eat greedily, gobble (up/down), guzzle, gulp (down), bolt (down), gorge oneself on, wolf (down), feast on, consume, eat up;

  1. I like the synonym "feast on," after all I always prefer the positive view.  It is so nice when we thoroughly enjoy whatever it is that we are doing in the moment, and I have had the pleasure of getting one of the best massages of my life at Burke Williams by Art, he even hooked me up with a longer session because I was allowing him to really work deep, and I really needed it, and he had the time, 80 minutes peeps, Woo Hoo!  A while ago I was a guest on the show the Doctor's and they gave us a $100 gift certificate at that time, I held onto it until I really knew I needed it, and it was magic.  This morning I asked my husband if he would stay with the baby, I called and they had a noon available, I wanted someone strong and they recommended Art, and I had a 9am and a 10:30am class, and it was close by, so I booked it.  Had time for the Jacuzzi and a bit of the steam room before, and then HEAVEN.  I really feel that massages are not a luxury, but a necessity, and I haven't done it for a very long time.  I loved how he told me he would go deep but not too deep so it wouldn't be too much since my body was so tight, and then he focused on the TENDONS!  Oh so good, not just the muscles, not just the relaxation, but the connections.  I feel like I learned so much, I usually don't like to talk, just relax and breathe, but I was asking for advice about health, weight loss, fitness, and he was so knowledgeable.  He told me I have strong muscles, but they are tight, and it made me think how that eventually can cause alignment problems, luckily because of my Yoga I am healthy, but I still need to balance it especially in the hip area. My hip and leg prevented me from going out on Saturday night!  Feels good to get to the root, and be with an amazing professional, who is not only skilled, but has the gift and a calling.  One very powerful thing I learned was to breathe through the tickle, tickling usually makes us tense and want to get away, but if you breathe through it, you will feel the deep massage.  I feel this could apply to many other intimate areas of life, breathe through the tickle my friends, don't let it distract you (wink)  

  2. After I wash my hair I like to put it in two little buns, it dries without frizz that way, and I like to show off my quirkiness from time to time :) I feel so good, going to visit my Doula client who is home now and doing wonderful, YAY, and then pick up the kids from school.  I decided to get the massage today because I don't have any more classes or clients, and I could really let it seep in, enjoy, relax, feel good.

DO YOU DO THIS FOR YOURSELF?
Coach Yulia




No comments:

Post a Comment