Monday, March 24, 2014

Chaf Beit Adar - Ziona Sofia's Hebrew Birthday is today


Before I married and joined my amazing community I did not know my own Hebrew birthday, but now I figure why not celebrate everything, from the English to the Hebrew.  Here is a great article all about it, http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/652307/jewish/How.htm.  It is also a day when you wish everyone you meet something wonderful, and they wish it for you.  Celebrations are fun!



We started with a Kitty Ice Cream Cake on March 8, and then had a full birthday party last week in school since her uncle was in town and could attend, and she loves him so much.  Today was small, just in her morning class that learns all about Judaism, Torah, holidays, and the significance of important people and dates.  I got some sprinkle cookies, her favorite, we danced, sang happy birthday, it was perfect, she felt special, it is important for her to know that the day she was born is a big celebration, a day to be happy, a day to acknowledge that being a year older has new responsibilities, even at the tender young age of four.







She is the oldest in her morning class and is like the teacher's assistant, her teacher sent me a few wonderful pictures and this one to the right really shows how she takes care of all her fellow students. She definitely gets this character trait directly from me.  I loved to be a teacher, a leader, but I also got upset when the kids wouldn't listen and want to do something else, hopefully she is more easygoing :) Thank God I found Yoga which people follow me with pleasure.

Happy Birthday Beautiful Inside and Out,
Coach Yulia

No comments:

Post a Comment