Thursday, July 2, 2015

Absolutes

Of course in some things in life there are absolutes, you either are pregnant or you are not, you got the job or you didn't, and so on.  Although some things are, I really believe that most things are not just black and white.

black and white

Involving a very clear distinction, without any gradations. For example, He tended to vieweverything as a black and white issue-it was either right or wrong whereas his partner always found gray areas.
This usage is based on the association of black with evil and white with virtue, which dates back at least 2,000 years. [Early1800s]

Speaking of black and white, it is just insane what is going on now with churches burning, innocent, spiritual people attacked with hatred.  Why should everybody be the same? I think it would be completely boring, I love how my friend put it below.

In response to a wonderful friend observing that her fellow white friends with Mixed Black (and white) kids don't focus on their white heritage, but rather their Black culture, I offered the following:
It is important to be proud of YOUR people. Are you: Irish, English, Scottish, Welsh, German, French, Italian, Greek, Swedish, Finnish, Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Spanish, Portuguese, Lithuanian, Russian, Hungarian, etc.?
Then, CELEBRATE WITH PRIDE YOUR CULTURE(S).
That is something your Mixed Race Black Children can take pride in...their unique European Cultural Heritage...not just being "white." What's the pride in that?
I'll tell you this: when white people AS A GROUP begin to face the evils of racism and start to REALLY take responsibility for the generational damage caused by the white race, then we whites will have EARNED being proud of our LIE of a racial heritage...because we will have transcended it.

I love to ask people their roots, background, culture, nationality because I find it fascinating.  I love all of my parts, born in Moscow, Russia, where on my passport my nationality said Jewish.  I am 1/4 Mountain Jewish, from the Caucasus Mountains in Grozny, Chechnya, where my father was born. Jews are all over the world, the ones from Eastern Europe are called Ashkenazi, the ones from Spain and surroundings are called Sephardic, and spoke Ladino, a mix between Spanish and Hebrew, and the ones from the Middle East countries are called Mizrahi.  Then you can get more specific, my father's side are called Kavkazi, and they spoke a language that is a mix of Hebrew, Persian, and Turkish, and go back to the times of the Persian Empire.  Here are more details,

Why not feel proud of who we are, and enjoy learning about and respecting everybody else?
I thought this was an interesting perspective below about how it is important to have your own identity, we are all different, and that is a good thing,

We Are All Different,
We Are All Unique,
Who Are You?
Coach Yulia


No comments:

Post a Comment