Saturday, July 11, 2015

I'm not OCD, but I am a Perfectionist

Of all the addictions in this world, I feel blessed to be married to an OCD Cleanaholic, it is not always easy, it is intense for my kids, but I figure, it is a good life lesson in cleanliness.

The everyday cleaning, even the deep cleaning are just not my thing, and luckily they are his thing, and I do it wrong and not to his standards, and I don't mind.  I wash dishes, load and fold laundry, but he puts the detergent and turns on the machine.  One year my mother in law was here for a Passover deep spring cleaning, and she brought a Russian cleaning lady, that didn't know how to work the washer, my mother in law didn't know how to work our washer, and I didn't either!  My husband wasn't home and it cracked me up that three women did not know how to turn on a washing machine. I don't want to break it, I would rather it be done right, and he wants to do it.

My grandmother did everything in her home, and wanted my mother to go to school and learn.  In my childhood, my mother was the cook, and my father would clean, and he would make us clean too.  I hated it so much, I promised myself that I will have a career and pay someone to do the cleaning. Before I got married, I was living with a roommate that also was big into cleaning, so I chose the bathroom and kitchen, and she did the rest, It was hard for me to be forced to clean once again, just as I had when I was a child.  Some people love it, it really clears their head, and some people are just good at it, Thank God, I found my match in so many other ways, but I am so blessed that my husband is a cleanaholic, and I do not want to go against that need!

I am actually a perfectionist, I did not know this until a few years ago where I took a group seminar, and I really understood how I operated in my life, and in every area I was the yogi, the superstar, a wonderful daughter, a good student, now a wife and mother.  I know how to "perform" all these roles and look like I am top notch.  The funny thing is when people meet me in a different role, they get confused and surprised, because some of them are very opposite.

I am also a perfectionist in my cleaning, and I really love to organize, I actually wish I put more time into it, because it really gives me pleasure to clear clutter and put things in order.  I have to step away from cleaning because I would never stop, it would never be good enough.  The crud that accumulates on the base of the electric toothbrush, how dish washing sponges smell after a while, any mold anywhere, especially in the shower or kitchen, I would never be satisfied because there will always be something else I would find.

So to keep my sanity,
To keep balanced,
To focus on my purpose in this world,
Not to drain my energy and give in to my perfectionist nature,
I choose not to clean,
It would take me away from the world,
I am blessed to have this choice,
I am grateful to have my OCD Cleanaholic,
Not easy, but the pros outweigh the cons,
What am I good at?
Earthy things, organizing, love making kasha, soup, and cabbage using my hands,
Love juicing,
Check out the best jars in the world below,
They make my life heaven,
What makes your life heaven?
Coach Yulia

I am obsessed with the wide mouth jars that are easy to clean, right is sauerkraut, not homemade, I will make that soon, in the middle is freshly squeezed orange, carrot, apple, and ginger juice, and on the left is just watermelon juice 

No comments:

Post a Comment