Monday, July 27, 2015

I love to keep learning and growing

I like to learn from everyone and everything, I like to make my own decisions and choices, but be open to what is out there.  Some days I blog from personal experience, and other days I get inspired by people, pictures, or quotes.  Today a friend posted this from the Old Testament, and I really related to it.

Courageous, G‑dfearing, truthful, and money-hating.
- Torah’s requirements for a judge, Exodus 18:21

When I think of a judge, the first word that comes to mind is objectivity, then knowledge and deep connection to what feels right or wrong.  In the quote the first three completely make sense for a Jewish judge, and the fourth "money-hating" makes even more sense to me.  Besides bribery, and monetary needs and goals, I feel it is really seeing that although money may may life easier, more comfortable, it is not happiness, and it is not essential to have everything you ever want in life.  It would be great to have everything you want and money, and many people use their success to be of service and give back to the world.  It is interesting that it uses the word "hating" it is a very intense, severe aversion to money.  I come from an immigrant family who came to this country with nothing, I value hard work and becoming a self made success.  I also value family, connection, relationships, and striving to find what you love to do, being an inspiration, a light, and I really feel when you do that, money will come.

Coach Yulia

Summer Fun




No comments:

Post a Comment