Monday, July 20, 2015

Drink Some Wine And Try To Sleep

I completely agree with this!  Without sleep I cannot function, and it definitely has been a challenge in the last 8 years with non stop babies.  Now they are all sleeping, and I am slowly but surely really finding myself again.  I used to nap all the time, would be on the go from the break of dawn until the wee hours of the night, and always find time to recharge with a nap.

(The definition of wee hours are the hours very late at night or very early in the morning. An example of wee hours are the hours between 1:00 AM and 4:00 AM.)

I recently was with a woman with a very long early labor.  Her doctor's advice, as well as my advice was to drink some wine and go to bed, because she is going to need her energy for active labor.  She was told to drink wine quite a few nights in a row!
  1. In a prodromal labor, the early phase of labor (cervix dilates from closed to approximately three-to-four centimeters) is prolonged with contractions that do not increase in intensity. Prodromal labor can tire you out and use up the energy you will need for active labor and delivery.
The following article talks about how important and essential sleep is, without it we literally cannot function.  The 24/7 lifestyle, sleep when you are dead makes no sense, sleep is part of a healthy body and mind.  Also if you know you are going out or are going to have an intense day, schedule your sleep in the next night to balance it. My husband and I value our sleep, and so do our kids, they know its when the body heals and it makes you feel so good.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/arianna-huffington-parade-cover_55a67725e4b0896514cfe731

This is an article about Arianna Huffington, and the link to the Parade article is in the story above. Sleep my friends, it is the best medicine you can give your body.

Coach Yulia


No comments:

Post a Comment