Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Advice-Opinion-Information

Your Daily Dose of Jewish Wisdom:

He does not appear greedy, nor haughty, but an egotist nonetheless. If there are opinions in the world other than his, then people are disregarding him. If something occurs not to his liking, it is a conspiracy against him. Whatever G-d does in His world is either his reward or his punishment. All things are given meaning only as they relate to his self. He does not know of a world without him.

So we tell him: The first step in moving forward is to leave yourself behind.
I am completely detached and objective when listening to the advice and constructive criticism of others.  I think I can learn something from every situation, and in my opinion self growth never ends. My parents were amazing role models for my brother and I.  What I loved the most is that they would never stop us from living our lives, even if they disagreed, they would give their advice, and always support us and let us be independent souls.

Many times when advice is given, it is given from the speakers perspective, and its from their life experience, so it has absolutely nothing to do with you.  I am on a few mother and baby groups on various social media sites, and I love the support, but sometimes there is a negative comment.  I know that some people that are not involved in a conversation, and are not the person asking the question but they get offended by the negative comment.  Why they get offended? It is all very personal, but I think the above picture is so true, get the ego and the neurotic mind out of the way, maybe some people just like to pick fights, or just have a negative view of life.

Everything is really just an opinion, and I know it is not easy, but it really makes no logical sense to take anything personally.  All we can do is offer our opinion and move on, why spend time and energy, better to agree to disagree.  I love to keep lines of communications open, and I appreciate a good debate, maybe there is something new to learn and discover.

Bottom line, why not listen to well meaning advice, but always make your own choices and decisions.  I have a client right now that is really a similar mindset to myself, so when I tell her to stay calm, everything is fine, and that she will know when the time is right, she understands deeply that this is true.

We are also over saturaded with information on the internet, and in our technology crazed world, subliminal messages, ads, and non stop over stimulation.

How do you get away from it all?
When I teach Yoga my mind is 100% energy exchanging with my students,
nothing else is in my head, that is how I recharge for kids and family life,
Also taking 24 hours off of the world Friday night to Saturday night,
and only focusing on what is good, positive, and what I am grateful for,
That is how I feel balanced, sane, productive, rested,
and oh yeah, writing this blog is a great release,
Thank you for reading, listening, commenting, and enjoying,
Coach Yulia

No comments:

Post a Comment