Monday, July 13, 2015

My Excuse: I Am On Call

My weekend was overall relaxing, no running around, had an amazing Day of Rest, and Sunday running some errands, but overall just an easygoing day.  My phone is always by my side because it has my schedule, I love to be reachable for all of my services, and I am 24 hours on call for my Doula clients two weeks before the due date.  One thing that I try to be conscious of is not to have it around when I am taking time to hang out with my kids, if it rings or texts I still have to check it, but I am not on it 24/7 while I am with them.

This article really struck a chord because in our world, the phone is always visible, on the lunch table, even in an important conversation, our glance is always diverted to double check a status or a text.

http://www.businessinsider.com/one-simple-change-improved-all-of-my-relationships-215-3

I always like to be the exception, have a reason why I can do something different than everybody else.  Even on Shabbat, the Jewish day off of technology, when I have Doula client about to go into labor, my phone is close by.  As my non stop week begins, I am arranging and rearranging my schedule, always flexible with my clients, and I am blessed they are flexible with me.

Today was a magical day, not too busy, getting through it, classes getting rescheduled miraculously so I could be available and support as a Doula.

Love when my Doula style is an energy match, it is so powerful, keeps me even more present to the unfolding miracle.  Labor is a lesson in watchful waiting, not interfering, and trusting the mother completely.

How much do you love/need/want/desire/can't get enough of YOUR PHONE?
Coach Yulia







No comments:

Post a Comment