Saturday, July 4, 2015

After the Grand Finale...

We had such a wonderful Shabbat, had guests last night, connecting all my friends from all walks of life.  Today we celebrated a friends birthday, saw so many people I haven't seen in a while, ran into future family, delicious, the kids had a blast.  Once we got home, they played nicely while I rested, and then they made up performances for me.  My oldest did a magic show, my youngest was running and doing tricks with his body, and my super diva girl was dancing, with pretty amazing choreography, and wanted to sing.  What cracked me up is they were excited to really set up a stage, and said they wanted to do another performance with an audience, and my big boy said that "after the Grand Finale," he had more to present, and I just smiled that he knew the term but not the meaning, although at some shows you never know its the end until the lights go on.

I had a chance to start reading another amazing book, Birthing From Within, and this was my favorite part in the beginning, it is the truth of birth today, unless we get educated and make informed decisions, choosing the birth we want, yet being open to what is best in the moment.

"I came to realize, as a mother and a midwife, how even a will-meaning focus on potential birth problems and birth technology throughout pregnancy distracts the mother-to-be from the more vital task of inner preparation.  The choices in birth technology available to women today are so mind-boggling that in trying to understand the complex world of obstetrics, many lose faith in their own ability to birth.  Thus, many women cannot give birth, and in the end must rely on the very technology that mystified them in the first place."

The lesson of today followed the topic of my blog yesterday, that everything is not black and white, and even when there are dark times in our lives, there is still a positive lesson to learn from it. Today's date on the Jewish calendar is a fast day, remembering the beginning of the destruction of our holy center, http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/947558/jewish/What-are-the-Three-Weeks.htm.  Since it was Shabbat, however, we were not allowed to fast today, and had to celebrate
double, and the theme was how sometimes in the darkness is when we can really appreciate the light. Incidentally it coincided with the Fourth of July, so its all about seeing the brightest light, seeing the vision, celebrating good times, just how it used to be and will be again.

Speaking of Grand Finales, I found out that 5 minutes away there were fireworks that I didn't know of, even though I have lived in this neighborhood since we married, it will be 8 years in August! Shabbat ended at 8:51pm and the fireworks started at 9pm, we made it, it was perfect, the kids loved it, but my little one kept closing his ears, but enjoyed seeing green, which is his favorite color.

Happy Independence Day,
Easy and Meaningful Fast Tomorrow,
Shavua Tov,
Coach Yulia

No comments:

Post a Comment